Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers' journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them --- in ways they may not even know they are at risk --- so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our distributed team. This is a great opportunity to work on large scale distributed systems underpinning our SaaS cloud applications for email security. These products process massive data coming at us in a steady stream with performance requirements in near real time. Our engineers know they make a difference because the solutions developed are protecting our customers against a growing number of threats. Each of our team members has varied talents that, together create an environment with a depth of knowledge. This allows for autonomy and innovation in developing solutions. The products we work on evolve with your added experience and likewise, you'll be immersed in a rewarding environment. We solve tough problems related to scalability and system architecture.
- Clojure, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Amazon Managed Services, Redis, Sumo Logic, etc.
What you'll be working on:
- Solve important scaling problems around processing of huge volumes of data in near real-time and providing features atop petabytes of data under management.
- Introduce advanced security features.
- Drive design, implementation, and review of major areas of the codebase, adding new features and evolving our next generation architecture.
- Contribute to a team that values code quality, innovative thinking, good communication, occasional pair programming, sound testing practices, and opportunities for mentoring.
What you bring to the role:
- 8+ years of relevant experience delivering well-designed, scalable cloud software
- Experience with functional programming (e.g. Clojure, java, etc.)
- Experience with Lucene or Elasticsearch, or Streaming systems like Kafka
- Demonstrated success in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative environment - in your code, in the documentation, and in chats and conversations with others
- Bachelor's degree in a technology field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-energy environment
- Knowledge of search, content management, and analytics is a plus
- Exposure to Kubernetes is a plus
What you'll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility -- there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
Pls send your resume on email@example.com