Clojure Engineer (Full Stack)
Full time - Berlin, Germany
You want to work on something with a purpose and make healthcare more safe and efficient? Frontend and/or backend work is your thing? You want to work with an interesting programming language?
Vara is looking for a Clojure(Script) Engineer. You will be working on our web team building Vara, a platform to securely read and report breast cancer screening exams.
What we do
At Vara, we aim to make high-quality diagnostic services accessible to and affordable for patients all around the world by helping radiologists detect breast cancer earlier and faster. Our product enables radiologists to reach superior diagnostic performance when spotting cancer. Our vision is that no one should lose their life to a curable disease.
Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers from top-tier companies and universities around the world. We're based in Europe's startup capital, Berlin, and are growing quickly!
Further information can be found on our website: www.vara.ai
What we provide
- Great tech stack: Clojure on the backend, ClojureScript on the frontend.
- Work in healthcare: You get to work in an innovative, well-funded startup becoming part of the healthcare industry.
- Startup: Don't lose time due to politics, build things and have an impact instead.
- Opportunity for growth and mentoring: Our Clojure team currently consists of four experienced Clojure developers. We are active in the local Clojure community and are happy to mentor you.
We define ourselves by a culture of friendship and ownership. We're looking for capable, driven, and thoughtful people to add to our vision.
- You are self-driven and enjoy building things.
- You have an attitude of craftsmanship.
- You're interested in Clojure and functional programming and willing to learn it.
The preferred qualifications are just that: preferred. None of us walked in with all of them. If a few of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk!
- Experience building and deploying web projects touching many aspects of the stack: Frontend, Backend, Database, setting up a Unix server, Docker.
- Experience with sound engineering practices: Git, code review, testing, continuous delivery and automation.
- Frontend experience with React.
- Frontend experience with re-frame and Reagent.
- Backend experience with Clojure and the JVM.
- Worked in the medical domain.
What We Offer
- We believe in personal ownership, flat hierarchies and direct communication, which means that we operate and learn fast - as a team.
- We encourage a dynamic, results-oriented working environment: work from the office and/or balance your time working from home.
- We are driven researchers, developers and entrepreneurs who believe in building transformative solutions our customers can't live without.
- We encourage our employees to continuously develop their skills at conferences, workshops, seminars or through other methods.
- We have regular off-site events and team dinners (when there isn't a pandemic happening).
- We're part of the Merantix ecosystem, sharing the common vision of bringing artificial intelligence applications from the research environment into actual clinical/industry practice. This also allows us to tap into a huge network for resources and knowledge sharing.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value broad diversity. We consider all applications equally, and can help with immigration.