Vodori is looking for a Director of Engineering to help us deliver innovative next-generation capabilities using modern enterprise product architecture and design. We empower life sciences companies to transform lives by helping them bring regulated products to market faster. Pepper Flow accelerates the review and approval of marketing and sales collateral -- a critical step toward getting life saving therapies into the market. Our product suite, Pepper Cloud, is a digital content platform that facilitates the entire content review, approval, and distribution of commercial materials.
We are looking for an experienced technical servant leader who is eager to work alongside the team that they lead. It will be your responsibility to mentor, train, and coach your team, while working collaboratively to tackle challenging engineering problems together. Each member of the product team contributes to product architecture, design, and helping set future direction. We believe in a collaborative environment in which to innovate, learn new technologies, and share knowledge with others.
- Reporting directly to the CTO & Co-Founder, you will manage a group of engineers and quality assurance analysts
- Using your deep understanding of our products (code, infrastructure, security, customers, end users), you will ensure the delivery of high quality software; accountable for the product architecture and technical design decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company including designers, engineers, QA, Product Owners, Customer Success, Support, and Vodori leadership
- Contribute to the development of our products as an active member of the sprint team
- You will be responsible for the development process - advocating for the consistent delivery of high quality software while ensuring a great quality of life for the team
- 8+ years experience building enterprise applications and managing engineering teams to deliver high-quality solutions
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and experience building cloud applications which are multi-tenant, fault tolerant, scalable, and secure
- Experience in data architecture and data modeling (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Preferred experience developing using functional programming - we use Clojure
- You should be a good communicator & writer. You should be able to identify, communicate, and be deliberate with tradeoff decisions (scope, speed, risk, cost)
- Ability to look holistically at problems, seeing between the lines and helping think bottom-up and top-down simultaneously
- Comfortable with back-end and front-end development
- Ability to quickly learn technologies with which you are not familiar
- Be excited about the opportunity to own and lead a significant part of Vodori's business
In 3 months, you will...
- Learn all aspects of the Pepper Cloud technology stack, application architecture, and operating model
- Contribute toward the development of Pepper Cloud applications through writing code, contributing to pull requests, and designing upcoming features by collaborating with business stakeholders, designers, and developers
- Understand the business and customers working closely with product management, customer service, and support teams
- Become familiar with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requirements and how these inform how we build software
In 6 months, you will...
- Lead a team of talented engineers to deliver quality software providing technical leadership from small day-to-day decisions to key architectural decisions (including leading/facilitating technical design meetings)
- Provide technical and non-technical mentorship to engineers
- Help shape technical and team best practices which balance quality, product features, quality of life, and operation
- Support product operations and SRE teams in backstopping production issues and incidents; assist in establishing preventive measures
In 12 months, you will...
- Be a caretaker of the platform. Champion availability, scalability, resiliency, performance, observability and maintainability as part of ongoing development