the monger (http://www.themonger.com) is looking for developers to help build our diverse software team and bring our application from beta to our 1.0 and beyond. This is primarily an equity position (for now).
the monger is a b2b platform for specialty food--artisan cheese, single-origin chocolate, third-wave coffee, and everything good. Specialty has exploded in recent years, growing to a $120B annual industry.
Specialty is a business built on trust and generosity, and we strive to mirror those values at the monger. Schmucks need not apply.
About the position:
This is an opening for an experienced backend developer familiar with functional programming. Knowledge of Unix systems, modern web applications, and modern database methodologies is required.
We are seeking applicants interested in consistent engineering practices to work as part of our highly diverse, collaborative and experienced team.
This is your chance to join a dynamic startup with incredible prospects and to have an impact on tens of thousands of artisanal makers and retailers who bring you your favorite foods.
Candidates must have:
* A self-directed drive to succeed with reasonable schedules.
* Interest in learning new technologies as well as understanding business objectives and the specialty food industry ecosystem.
* 8+ years development experience minimum.
Solid knowledge of the following:
* Functional programming experience (Clojure, Lisp, Java 8+, etc)
* mysql or Mariadb 10.2 + SQL!
* Automated testing tools
* Unix shell scripting
An ideal candidate will also:
* Enjoy working with developers as well as non-technical team members
* Have experience with payment systems
* Desire to stand beneath a waterfall of cheese
8+ years experience.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org