At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we scale adoption of our product domestically and internationally, we will accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our data team, you will play a foundational role in supporting this mission by building and expanding powerful internal reporting and analytics tools that allow all Reify teams to benefit from rich data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with internal customer, product, and engineering teams to design, develop, iterate, and expand internal reporting and analytics tools
- Act as a mentor and guide to internal team members learning to build/expand their own analytics dashboards using SQL, Python, etc.
- Develop and support processes for securely and consistently organizing reports and other analytical tooling used by internal teams
- Work with the data team to expand architecture to support and integrate additional data sources or data streams that would enrich internal analytics
- Prototype advanced reporting and analytical features to support efforts of internal teams (and potentially evolve into customer-facing features)
- Work with data team to develop systems/processes to support analytical tooling and reporting as our company rapidly scales
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions
- Become comfortable working across a stack which uses Clojure, Python and PostgreSQL (though you should already have extensive SQL, PL/pgSQL, PL/SQL experience)
- Frequently communicate your efforts to Data Team Lead and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Extensive experience supporting teams using/integrating with analytics ‘dashboard’ systems such as Tableau, Periscope Data, and Mode Analytics (or Jupyter-notebook based systems)
- Deep comfort with SQL (particularly PostgreSQL, PLpg/SQL) and understanding of performance concerns
- Comfort with statistical and analytical Python libraries such as scipy, pandas, numpy, keras, nltk, etc. (or R equivalents)
- Interest or previous experience with Clojure or other functional languages (most of our application is written in Clojure/Clojurescript)
- Understanding of how to detect and address correctness or accuracy issues in analytical code
- Deep familiarity with AWS ecosystem, Kubernetes, Kafka
- M.S./Ph.D. in computer science, applied statistics, or other relevant field
- Understanding and experience with distributed systems
- Relevant published work (academic, blog posts, open-source contributions)
- Previous experience with functional programming languages/philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment (as a remote employee using video/chat collaboration tools, if you’d like to work remotely)
- Relevant experience in a healthcare/health-tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Compensation varies from mid-level to very senior and is commensurate with your experience.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA for medical expenses and as investment vehicle) dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Company-provided Workstation: You have the option of getting a brand new Macbook Pro laptop if you’d like to use a separate computer for work
- Location Flexibility & Transportation: For those working out of Boston, we provide: a free monthly public transportation pass (and are located 2-3 minutes from South Station); unlimited coffee, infused water, and more (provided by WeWork); flexibility to work from home as needed. For those working remotely: you can work from anywhere in the U.S. compatible with an EST work schedule. Additionally, we’ll fly remoters in for our quarterly “remoters’ week”, filled with fun activities, good food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!