- OppLoans is a socially responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ in AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine's list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying onGoogle and theBBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out ourGlassdoor reviews!
What you get to do:
As a Software Engineer, you will assist in the development of our applications and services for our product portfolio. Specifically, the Software Engineer will enhance, improve, develop & maintain back-end services used across our entire technology platform. We are looking for a Software Engineer that is proficient with Clojure and developing applications hosted within AWS. As a team member, you will get to...
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio, primarily built with Clojure, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with business and technical professionals across the organization to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages. We take development seriously! Start on or before 9/30/18 and we'll bring you to Clojure/conj 2018 along with our other devs. Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books and materials....we want you to grow your skills with us.
- Mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
As a Software Engineer, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate and communicate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The Software Engineering team is contributing to the overall development and improvement of the services/products we provide for our customers.
- Experience interpreting & refining business objectives into actionable requirements, having delivered large scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 2 years of experience using a modern programming language. Ideally you're already proficient in Clojure or another functional language but lack of it won't automatically disqualify you; our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++. Show us you solved real, non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we'll be interested in you.
- At least 1-2 years experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; Lambda/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- At least 1-2 years of experience building out Restful API's and consuming 3rd party API's.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker a plus if you have it, but not required.
- Experience executing deliverables within an agile environment.