Stedi is looking for a talented senior engineer to help architect and build a state of the art platform to automate billions of dollars in transactions between retailers like Amazon and Walmart and suppliers like Fitbit and eero.
As one of the earliest hires, you'll help build our platform from the ground up. You'll be working with a lean, growing, well-funded team with $4.6 million in seed funding from the best early-stage investors in the world (First Round Capital, Bloomberg BETA, Susa Ventures, and others). You will have an enormous impact on the product and you'll use the latest technologies and languages -- we're writing in Clojure and Kotlin, and building entirely on the AWS serverless stack (Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, ElasticSearch, RDS Aurora).
We're working in one of the biggest markets on the planet -- rebuilding EDI, the technological backbone of the physical product economy -- and there is no limit to how successful we can be. The more high-bandwidth, high-output people we have, the more we can accomplish and the more revenue we can generate -- which in turn allows us to hire more great people.
Hiring is hard. The most important thing in our universe is finding exceptional people and keeping them engaged. To that end, we don't believe in 'crunch mode.' We work normal, sustainable hours (8:30-5:30, give or take). Most of the people on our team have young kids and we want them to spend time with their families and/or other passions and commitments.
We don't have titles (yet). We have plenty of room for individual contributors and folks who want to eventually move into management. But in the short term, you have to be able to write and ship code -- we're looking for player-coaches, not coaches.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who is better than us in some meaningful way.
- Someone we admire and can learn from.
- A talented person who creates valuable, finished work.
WHAT WE'RE BUILDING
EDI is a standard data format for exchanging everyday B2B transactions such as purchase orders, invoices, and ship notifications (for example, Fitbit uses EDI to receive orders from and send invoices to Amazon and Best Buy). EDI is the only way to integrate with 90% of Fortune 1000 companies, including Amazon, Walmart, and their tens of thousands of suppliers (both large and small) - but EDI software hasn't changed in a decade, and EDI implementations take weeks or months to finish. Stedi is eliminating the enormous complexity and cost of EDI implementation and management by building the first simple, intuitive interface for EDI - you can think of us as 'Stripe for EDI.'
We are innovating EDI, the backbone of the US distribution system that powers every major retailer from Amazon to Wal-Mart, and we're building a platform that will facilitate tens of billions of dollars in order-related transactions.
We are building a team of talented, smart people to solve complex problems, which means that hiring well is the most important thing in our universe.
We want to be big, fast, and flexible. All else being equal, the fastest company in any market will win. Speed comes down to minimizing complexity and maximizing decision-making speed.
We work sustainable hours (~8:30-5:30, give or take) and don't believe in 'crunch mode.'
- You accomplish amazing amounts of finished work.
- You have strong opinions and an open mind.
- You use non-defensive communication and seek out collaboration.
- You are an extraordinary learner.
- You take initiative, and you create and execute your own work without much direction.
- You are self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined, and self-improving.
- AWS serverless (Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, RDS Aurora, etc.)
- Languages: Clojure and Kotlin backend / ClojureScript frontend
- Data: PostgreSQL
- Substantial experience on any JVM language (Java, Clojure, Scala, Kotlin, etc)
- Substantial experience with relational databases, XML/JSON sources, and web services
- Experience working with serverless technologies (Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, etc.)
- Experience working with ETL / data mapping concepts
- Experience with microservices architectures
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org