Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is the smart, modern way to insure your life. We started Ladder to fundamentally re-design life insurance to better serve consumers. Life insurance properly designed is an amazing product for families and communities.
Transforming an industry requires the best people. At Ladder, we are building something big. We love our work. The most fundamental ingredient? The people on our team.
Our team is small but strong with folks from Dropbox, Google, Harvard, and Stanford. We're a growing team of innovators going after a huge market. We're committed to building something important through innovative technology and beautiful design---alongside world-class financial and insurance expertise.
What You'll Do:
Day to Day:
- Whiteboard architecture with other engineers
- Have solid chunks of "maker time" to get stuff done
- Triage / root cause / fix problems that arise in production
- Wear product hat and help figure out what problems we need to solve and solutions that actually address those problems
- You need to be able to interface easily with design, growth, backend partners
- Ability to execute independently on projects with lots of ambiguity- Ability to work in small teams with product, design, and risk to solve problems
- Internalize our company goals and think like we do
- Willingness / flexibility to plug other unknown engineering holes that will arise
- Be a selfless team member and help unblock other team members
- Be willing to become an industry expert in our vertical (life insurance)
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with docker, kubernetes, terraform, bash, linux, AWS
- React, GraphQL, Relay, Clojure, JVM, Datomic experience
- Knowledge of HTML / DOM / CSS / Browser APIs
send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org